If I haven’t talked enough about how much I love our photographer, Moondance Photography, let me add some additional love today. Jenny did such a fantastic job on our photos and I thought I would share some words of wisdom from our shoot just in case it helps anyone else out.
1. Don’t panic. Seriously. On our original date our poor photographer ended up getting massively sick and had to cancel the morning of, something I had not planned for. I freaked out a bit but in the end postponing the shoot ended up being a huge blessing. I was able to come up with ideas for props that before I would not have thought of, like baking heart shaped cookies and bringing a quilt my grandmother made. They turned out to be some of my favorite photos!
2. Wear something comfortable for you. I saw some many cute inspiration pics with brides in heels and cute dresses but I knew the combo of February in St. Louis + cobblestone streets would not work with me in heels. I also wanted Mr. Pie to be in his favorite clothes, I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve seen him in a suit so I knew our engagement photo shoot would not be the place for one. If you love suits, heels, and dresses incorporate them! Just make sure they fit who you are.
3. Listen to your photographer. Jenny is a pro at what she does, she knows what translates well into photos and your photographer will too. For example, in our “kissing” photos Mr. Pie and I were barely touching lips. It was enough to convey the emotion of the moment but allowed for our faces to look natural. Don’t be afraid to jump out of your comfort zone, you could be surprised what you end up with.
4. Bring water and plan for a bathroom/rest break. We took a break at a coffee shop for a few pics and to grab a wardrobe change which allowed us to regroup and plan where to go from there.
5. Enjoy the moment. There will never be another one like it again!
Time for you to weigh in, any tips for brides to be? What have you found helpful in photo shoots?