Hi all! Let me tell you, the past month has been crazy between Christmas, New Years, and getting a surprise at the doctor’s office it is no wonder the past month has flown by. I spoke a little bit about my hypothyroidism in my last post and because of the diagnosis I’m modifying a few of my goals to fit into my new life. Here we go!
I’ve listed updates below on how things are going on my 30 by 30 list:
- Bake a cake completely from scratch.
Fry chicken and make a traditional “Sunday dinner”.Fried foods are not so great for anyone, especially someone with a thyroid problem. My new goal is to try tracking what I eat and doing a modified version of the DASH diet suited to my new needs – less of the bad carbs and more protein & veggies!
- Conquer my fear of baking with yeast.
- Make three Pinterest recipes.- 1. Soft Molasses Cookies, they were amazing!
- Make a cheesecake from scratch including crust.
Hit my goal weightI would still love to hit my goal weight, but right now what is realistic for me is working on eating right and hoping that with cardio and meds will help the weight come off. My new goal is to listen to my body and try to get back to what it really needs versus what it wants.
- Run one mile straight.
- Walk a 5K.- I’m working on incorporating more walking this week so hopefully this one can happen! My plan is to enter a 5K with Mr. Pie this spring or fall so I can walk while he runs.
- Do a plank for two minutes.
- Do one cardio and one weight training session a week.- To be totally honest- this one has sucked. I had zero energy in December (which goes back to the diagnosis) and completely fell off of the gym wagon. Today is a good day to start again!
- Set a budget for our family.- Mr. Pie and I worked on this over the break and think we have a good one set. Now we just have to see how January pans out!
- Pay off one of our debts in full.
- Have one meat free meal a week.- This is going to be a bit more challenging; one of the issues with thyroid medication is soy, the soy can hinder the medication absorption. This just means “meat free” will be a slightly smaller category but still totally obtainable
- Print out and hang our wedding photos.- Done!
- Clean out my closet three times.- One down, two to go! I’m trying the hanger trick to make my June clean out that much faster.
- Travel to a place I’ve never been.
- Try three new restaurants in the area.- One down!
- Go apple picking or pumpkin picking.
- Find a unique way to celebrate our first anniversary.
- Take a new art class or try a new art project.
- Wear heels on a date night
- Have three play dates with our nephews.- One down!
- Have a monthly date with at least one of my girlfriends.
- Go out three times with Mr. Pie during the week.- Two down! We had a surprise dinner out last week and it was fantastic to relax and catch up.
- Have people over three times.
- Get a pedicure and manicure.
- Get three massages.
- Put together and wear three outfits I’ve pinned on Pinterest.
- Do something new/different with my hair.- Done!
- Hit 150 total blog posts (currently-
94 7673 to go)
How is 2013 shaping up for you so far? Any new goals or resolutions to go with the new year?